Wednesday 13 May 2009

Slow Scape 2nd Exhibition

Slow Scape
2nd Exhibition
28-04-09

This time it is my experiment
about material+skin
implemented on both urban
and domestic scale.
I set the
display up in the dark room as
I though I would like the audiences
to focus on delicate details and
lines in my design








The concept behind the exhibition was
"process as important as product" .
I used SLOW DESIGN to make a story
in the process of production.


The display showed 2 different experimental
aspects, first one, on the right hand side of
the photos above, represented the idea of
using old material, for example, recycled timber
, wicker or founded thrown-away material such
as concrete and rubber pipes, to make furniture
in both urban and domestic scale
(see more details in the sketch I posted in April).


On the left hand side there was a series of a few
objects made out of bio-degradable foam dipped
into resin, I have experimented about forms, also
to relate concepts of
form-function-
decoration and
craftsmanship

all together.


My original idea was to make more work for old
ladies who lived in country side. As I observed
most of workers in construction site are men, I
wanted to challenge this idea by designing an
interior modular system which each single units
made out of fabric, foam, or bio-fabric and give
the task of producing them to the ladies, deliver
them to the site and assemble them there.
I believe that my product is
not only a wall,
also the good working time,
good laugh when the women
getting together, they are all
real value in this work
.
During the process of work, I have found shapes
and forms that could also be used in urban scale
(see more in perspective images).






























No comments:

Post a Comment